1. Nah, the ____ library for JSON with ____ for frontend is much bettter!
That's not a question, but okay - I have spent close to a year evaluating many combinations of setups, libraries and styles for building a full-stack app with ZIO. I found this set to be the best fit. All the libraries inside are well supported, actively developed, and this is the stack I'd use to build a new app - heck, I did build one on camera.
This course isn't just teaching you how to hook together a few libs - you are learning to think and build full stack Scala 3 applications. The ideas behind this course transcend all libraries!
2. How about the Typelevel stack?
I have a course just as big for Typelevel, on a different app and with a totally different mode of thinking.
3. Is this course included with the membership?
All members will have a massive discount to this course under their account. So the benefits of being a member will only increase with time, regardless of what I create next.
4. Do you give a certificate?
Yep! You'll automatically get a certificate which you can export and use this to get reimbursed or land your dream Scala job.
The real reward, though, is when you make your own app with the ideas you learned in this course!
5. Can I expense this at my company?
For sure! After you enroll, you'll automatically get a tax-compliant receipt which you can use to reimburse this course with your employer.
6. What can I do with the code? Can I put it on GitHub?
It's your code, so go nuts! I just ask that you don't create your own course teaching with this app.
You can use the code in this course as
- a portfolio project to get a job
- a starting point to build your next trillion$ startup with Scala
- a quick prototype to impress your boss and convince them to use Scala
In any case, if you want to take something from the course, take the ideas, they're worth far more than the code.
7. Is the ZIO stack difficult?
It's not rocket science, but it's not trivial either. The learning curve is steep if you're doing it on your own. Materials are scarce. So I wanted to compress your learning time and hard-earned lessons into one comprehensive experience.
8. What if I'm not happy with the course?
If you're not 100% happy with the course, I want you to have your money back. It's a risk-free investment.
9. I'm just getting started with Scala. Can I take this course?
Short answer: probably not. Longer answer: we have some Scala starter code at the beginning of the course, but that won't replace the kind of experience we need for this course. I recommend you check out the Scala essentials and advanced courses first before coming back here.
10. Where did you get the banner art for the course?
The banner was created by the amazing @fellownoodle. She made the banner specifically for this Rite of Passage.