1. Looks cool, but I would have used ______ effect library with ______ for frontend and ______ for backend! WAY BETTER! YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING
Riccardo and I have spent close to a year evaluating many different setups, boilerplates, libraries and approaches to building a full stack application with Typelevel. There are probably many great options, but I found this set of technologies to be the best fit - they are all well supported, actively developed and most importantly are the tech that I'd reach for when building a new application. Heck, I did build a new app with this stack.
It's important to note here that this course isn't just teaching you how to hook together a few libs - you are learning to think in and build full stack Scala 3 applications. The ideas behind this course transcend all libraries!
2. OMG this course is expensive!
Compared to the amount of TIME you'll spend grinding these lessons and experience on your own, it's nothing - take a developer's daily pay in your country (any country), multiply that by an honest number of days you'll need to build such an app alone, then come back to this page.
Not to mention you'll know how to build an app that can make your money back!
3. Is this course included with the membership?
No 😭 but hear me out. This course is at a completely different level compared to everything that's in the membership, so it'll stay separate. BUT! All members will have a massive discount to this course under their account. So the benefits of being a member will only increase with time, regardless of what I create next.
4. Do you give a certificate?
Sure do! You'll automatically get a certificate which you can export and use this to get reimbursed or land your dream Scala job.
The real reward, though, is when you make your own app with the ideas you learned in this course!
5. Can I expense this at my company?
Yep! After you enroll, you'll automatically get a tax-compliant receipt which you can use to reimburse this course with your employer.
6. What can I do with the code? Can I put it on GitHub?
It's your code, so go nuts! I just ask that you don't create your own course teaching with this app or launch your own identical jobs platform so you can then say Rock the JVM sucks 😭
You can use the code in this course as
- a portfolio project to get a job
- a starting point to build your next trillion$ startup with Scala
- a quick prototype to impress your boss and convince them to use Scala
In any case, if you want to take something from the course, take the ideas, they're worth far more than the code.
7. Is the Typelevel stack difficult?
It's not rocket science, but it's not trivial either. The learning curve is steep if you're doing it on your own. Materials are scarce. So I wanted to compress your learning time and hard-earned lessons into one comprehensive experience.
8. What if I'm not happy with the course?
If you're not 100% happy with the course, I want you to have your money back. It's a risk-free investment.
9. I'm just getting started with Scala. Can I take this course?
Short answer: probably not. Longer answer: we have some Scala starter code at the beginning of the course, but that won't replace the kind of experience we need for this course. I recommend you check out the Scala essentials and advanced courses first before coming back here.
10. Where did you get the banner art for the course?
The banner was created by the amazing @fellownoodle. She made the banner specifically for this Rite of Passage.